Monday, June 8, 2009

The LA Life

So I've been back from the LA trip/cruise, and I've finally felt that I caught up with my my daily SJ life, hence no post for the week since I've been back. It's crazy because I've only left for about a week and a half and I feel as though I've been gone for a month. I come home and I get bombarded with stuff to catch up on (TV shows, paperwork, bills, summer school, sleep, etc.).

The LA trip was pretty good, although I wished I had brought my own car or something. Fucken LA drivers are insane! I've been down there many many times now and I haven't realized it until this time, but LA people drive so aggressively it boggles my mind. The streets and roads are no different from SJ, nice and roomy (unlike SF), so I have no idea what the fuck the rush is. I guess it's just an LA thing, and now I realize that I really appreciate the slow and more calmer, SJ drivers (yes, even the asian grandpa driving camrys).

This time around, our primary mission to LA was Lynna's graduation (congrats!) and to go to Long Beach to jump on the Carnival Paradise Cruise (next post). I was pretty bummed that we couldn't stop by Melrose for a bit of shopping, but I guess it was for the best...

Photos:


Gotta be prepared!



Her airplane reading materials...



My airplane reading materials!



Palm trees and freeways... Yep, that's LA alright.



Fucken LA drivers...



The LA projects.



Apparently owning 3 bakery shops lands you with one of these...



Our sleeping quarters.



The chinatown of LA... Count the imports. Go on, do it.



Yeah, you know you're in a chinatown area when you have a shop dedicated to photo booths.



You may beat us when it comes to mexican cuisines, but you got nothing on us when it comes to Pho!



Nowadays cops tweak traffic lights instead of standing in the middle of the street to you know... direct traffic.



$100 bouquet flowers. Yeah, you hold on to those for as long as you can. Cause it'll probably be the only time.



Sluts.



The loudest family I know.



Rocket puppy!



Yeah, everytime I hear Lynna and her sisters fight I do that too.


Stay tuned next time for a post on the cruise!

No comments: