Sunday, January 4, 2009

The New Year

New year's resolution: Get a JOB.

Don't you just hate it when you run into someone you know and while chit-chatting they ask you "oh do you still work at American Eagle?" and after replying "no I left about a month ago," they ask "so where do you work now?" you have to say: "nowhere hahah.... just bumming it....." Well I do. Most people could give a shit about what they do as long as they get paid a lot. But the reality of it is that it's hard finding a job that perfectly suits me nowadays. You could probably say by working at American Eagle for 3+ years it really traumatized me with the whole retail business. Then again working anywhere for 3+ years would probably make you hate the things you do as well. But for me, I'm quite sick of retail. Customers (people in general) are fucking pigs. Our capitalist American society could give a shit about what others go through to "serve" them, whether it be corporate management or down to the consumer side. Is it really that hard to refold a t-shirt? Is it really that hard to NOT cut people/hours? Is it really that hard to you know, care what others go through? "No, my shopping time is more valuable than your daily grind time. No, our company's net profits need to over exceed previous years in order for us to pay the Chinese kids to make and print the shirts for us."

Sorry, originally this post was going to be along the lines of how good my holiday was but now I've succumbed to full rage mode on the retail business.

So for me, I'm currently looking for the "right job." To simply put it: a place where customers can't wreak "too much" havoc.

No comments: